Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday Letters: Preparing for Baby

Happy Friday -- at least, I'm trying to think of it as a happy Friday...
most Fridays mark the end of the work week -- but this Friday marks the end of our wonderful vacation, and a reminder that Hubby and I are headed back to work on Monday.

That is okay, it has been a great break -- although we are still working like crazy to get our home ready for the baby, knowing that the baby could come anytime, and headed back to full time work in just a few days.

But I digress... here are this friday's letters:


Dear Baby,  I can tell you are growing like crazy.  There is not much I can do these days without my being reminded of how big you are getting.  We are so grateful that you are healthy.
  • Dear Laundry,  I do not mind how much more of you there is now that we are preparing for our baby... but I do mind how much my stomach gets in my way when I reach down into the washer and dryer.
  • Dear Hubby,  It has been so much fun to watch you excitedly put together all our baby equipment.  Car seats, pack-n-play, baby swing, and more are all ready for our little one.  You are going to make such a wonderful dad.
  • Dear Lexie,  You have wanted to be held all the time today... I hope you don't know something that I don't, but I am glad I can take the time to hold and snuggle you a little extra before the baby arrives.
  • Dear Lloyd,  You are such a wonderful puppy.  You have learned very well that you have to be a little more careful with Mama these days.  You are such a good boy, and will make such a good big brother to our new little one.
  • Dear College Football Bowl Games,  Hubby and I have thoroughly enjoyed your games this week -- we will really miss college football from the time you are over until September.
  • Dear Friends and Family,  THANK YOU so much for all the amazing baby gifts we have received.  I am working on thank you notes.
  • Dear Little Rifle Home,  You seemed SOOOO big when Hubby and I moved in over two years ago, but I have to admit, as we try to arrange our home and our life to allow for our baby, you seem smaller by the day.
  • Dear Hubby, Thank you for taking such good care of me during these final weeks of pregnancy.  I often wonder if I will ever have my figure, or my energy back again, but you are so wonderful, optimistic, positive, and supportive through everything.  I love you!


image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.