Monday, January 6, 2014

Preggers I: 36 Weeks

36 Weeks

36 Weeks with the critters

How far along?  36 weeks


How I am feeling?  Well... tired.  Hubby and I have been home most of this week, and so, while last week, I was feeling prepared for the possibility of going into labor on the trip from Michigan to Colorado... now that we're home in Colorado, I do not feel prepared for the baby's arrival.  Hubby and I have gotten A LOT done this week... but there are still a lot of other things I want to accomplish at home before our little one arrives.  So, I'm feeling tired with a lot of work to do.
How big is baby?  The size of a honeydew...17.2-18.7 inches, and 4.2-5.8 pounds.

Sleep:  Sleep has been a little more difficult this week as I'm getting larger.  All-in-all, though, I'm just grateful for sleep, when I can get it.
Boy/Girl Prediction:  I'm thinking it is probably a boy.  I think.  Maybe.
Baby Nicknames:  Pretty much Baby, Nugget, or Little One.

Best moment this week:  Getting home with my hubby and watching him unpack and set up our car seat and baby swing.  He is so adorable, and excited.  We also toured the hospital this week, and had a great time learning about where our baby will be born, and meeting some nurses.  We're getting closer.
Food cravings:  Nothing in particular... I just get really hungry if I don't eat every few hours.

Missing:  Yes, this week I am missing the ability to bend over and do laundry without discomfort.  I am missing the ability to do housework without getting a sore lower back.  In a nutshell, I'm missing my endurance.
 
Movements:  Yes, and they are still wonderful.  Hubby has started just casually keeping his hand on my stomach anytime he can, even if the baby's not moving, and it's wonderful.  I think he realizes that our baby could arrive any day, and these baby movements in my belly could end anytime.  We can also see my stomach moving with the baby's movements daily, which is just crazy cool.

Labor Signs:  Not yet, but I have had some minor Braxton Hicks contractions when I've been on my feet for awhile.

General Attitude:  Well, trying to savor these final days or weeks of pregnancy, but also its driving me crazy that I don't know exactly how much time I have to prepare for the baby.  I am so accustomed to knowing what I need to accomplish, and by what deadline.  In this case, I don't know the deadline.  The deadline could be tomorrow, or it could be 5 weeks from now.  I'm just trying to take each day as it comes, accomplish what I can, savor time with my husband and animals, and be aware of my physical limitations.  It is such a crazy place to be mentally, physically, and emotionally.

What I am looking forward to this week:  I don't really know that I am looking forward to getting back to work, as much as I am looking forward to knowing I only have a few more weeks to work.  It will be nice to see my students again, and just take each day as it comes, accomplish what I can, and try to be prepared to leave it all at a moment's notice.

Milestones:  I am now to the point in pregnancy when I see my doctor weekly.  Also, this isn't really a pregnancy milestone, but I finally took our Christmas tree down -- which was much more difficult to take down at 8+ months pregnant than it was to put up at 7 months pregnant.
image signature

1 comment:

  1. Can't believe your little one will be here soon!! You look fabulous, btw!

    We loved getting your Christmas picture! Hopefully we'll get back into the swing of normalcy by this Christmas and have one to send out :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.