Sunday, November 20, 2016

Mama's Day Out

On Friday a very rare occurrence happened around here -- Mama had a day out.  Not a dinner out, not a lunch out, not a meeting out, not a work day out, not an hour out, not a shopping trip out... and ENTIRE DAY OUT.

My parents arrived on Thursday afternoon, spent time with our kiddos, took frantic notes about our routine... and then Friday they took over.

I left the house at 9:30am and returned home at 10:15pm.  
That has not happened since almost a year ago when Hubby and I took a one night baby-moon before the twins were born. 

I absolutely love my children, and I love that most days I stay home with them... but having an entire day to do whatever I wanted without children in-tow was such a treat.

I attempted to document my fun with photos:

My day started with my favorite Christmas Starbucks drink as a treat... my first time seeing this year's red cups.

I got a peppermint mocha and a breakfast sandwich to eat on my way out of town... YUM!

Frankly, I'm really ready for snow... but for my day out, this weather was amazing!

My first pedicure since before the twins were born

And I brought along magazines that have been sitting around our home not being read for a very long time.

I got a haircut... and a BIG hair cut.  I donated 10 inches to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program and I am SO excited to have a change and less hair.  My hair was long, but has been so thin since having our twins, and now the babies love to pull my hair... and it was just time.  The last time I cut my hair short to donate it was over four years ago.  This is a really nice change.

 Any day away from my babies involves pumping milk.  So I did, several times throughout the day.

I went shopping several places by myself, and I didn't take a picture of that.  Then Hubby and I met up for a date night and we wandered around a mall for awhile -- lots of Christmas stuff is up.

Then Hubby and I had a great dinner, which I did not capture on camera... but it was delicious and we took our time and both ate with two hands.

Then, we drove back to Rifle and caught Friday Night Neon Bowling.  We didn't have a lot of time, but played two speedy rounds.

Then we returned home to relieve my parents, get the full report, put still-awake children to bed, and thank my parents from the bottom of our hearts!

For me, this was such a blessing but even moreso given that this was the week before Thanksgiving.  I needed a little time to breathe and regroup... and I spent the day feeling so completely thankful for my wonderful children and husband.  It doesn't always require a day away for me to be thankful... but we are in a stage of life where three little people are very demanding of all of my time, energy, and attention.  It was so nice to have a little space to miss them and be so grateful that I get to spend my days with them and be their Mama.

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.