Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Go, Cubs, go!


So... tonight is GAME SEVEN of the World Series... which is ALWAYS a big deal.

Game seven means that this is the last game, and winner takes all.

Game seven means that the teams are tied 3-3, and everything comes down to this last and final game.

Game seven is a big deal.

Game seven tonight is an especially big deal because THE CUBS are in the World Series.
The CUBS have forced a Game Seven of the World Series!

The Cubs have not won the World Series since 1908.
The Cubs have not played in the World Series since 1945.

This Game Seven is a BIG DEAL!!!

Cheering for the Cubs in this World Series is not my just jumping on band wagon... I have been a Cubs fan for a long time, I'm just not allowed to talk about it vert often.

 My Daddy grew up just north of Chicago and cheered for the Cubs as a boy.  
I recall a few stories about jumping a fence or two to watch the Cubs play.  
I recall another story about my dad (the golden boy) SKIPPING SCHOOL to stand in line for tickets for one of the World Series game in Chicago in 1945.  He got ten feet from the window when they announced tickets were sold out.

I remember those stories and have always liked the Cubs.

My grandparents and my brother attended Northwestern University... and became Cubs fans during their time in Evanston.

When I was six years old, I was on WGN radio and got to sing "Take Me Out to the Ball Game," and, of course, I sang the words, "... root, root, root, for the CUBBIES."

I like the Cubs.

When I married Hubby, I was informed that I was now a Cardinals fan... and the Cubs were our rivals.

That was fine, for the most part.  I love Hubby, so I was happy to become a Cardinals convert (and Hubby was happy to become a Michigan football fan), but when the Cubs were not playing the Cardinals, I still liked the Cubs.

Now, the Cubs are in the World Series,
the Cubs are not playing the Cardinals,
the Cubs have not won the World Series since 1908,
 AND
the Cubs have forced a GAME SEVEN. 

So...

Baseball season’s underway
Well you better get ready for a brand new day
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today.

They’re singing …
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today.

They got the power, they got the speed
To be the best in the National League
Well this is the year and the Cubs are real
So come on down to Wrigley Field.

We’re singing now …
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today.

Baseball time is here again
You can catch it all on WGN
So stamp your feet and clap your hands
Chicago Cubs got the greatest fans.

You’re singing now …
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today
Go, Cubs, go
Go, Cubs, go
Hey, Chicago, what do you say
The Cubs are gonna win today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.