Thursday, February 7, 2013

Snowshoeing in Deep Powder

This past weekend Hubby, Lloydey and I had a BLAST snowshoeing up in Vail.  Saturday are REALLY busy days on the slopes, so it was a perfect day to go hiking.

I've actually never really snowshoed before... I've gone on a "snowshoe moon hike", but I had to use the shoeshoes that the hike provided, and we stayed on a plowed trail the entire time.  It was cool, but it wasn't legitimate snowshoeing in my opinion.

Vail had a LOT of snow last week, and so Saturday morning was beautiful with tons of powder to have fun it.  We had such a blast!!!

Lloyd looked like a dolphin trying to jump through the powder.  :-D



Here are some pictures of our great day:


We felt like we were the only people in the world...


Isn't this man handsome?!?!  Look how deep he is in the snow... even with snowshoes on!


With all the powder and the trees, it was a winter wonderland.


Look at our snorkel dog...


It was utterly breathtaking out there...


What a CUTIE!!!


Kind of a cool shot my hubby took...


There was so much snow, I had to make a snow angel.


What a great day we had!




Do you like deep snow?

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.