Tuesday, February 19, 2013

If I Ruled the World...

If I Ruled the World...
  •  Snow would be on the ground from November 1 - April 30... and we would just skip that mud season when everything melts
  • I would have several siblings my own age, and we would have our own relationships and dynamics and ups and downs and life-long memories together... in fact, everyone would.  If I Ruled the World, there would be no such thing as an only child.
  • Instant tele-portation would be a reality so I could live in Colorado, but have dinner every few weeks with my parents in Michigan
  • I would remember more of my life... I'm amazed at how many details and experiences from high school and college I just don't remember
  • Chinese food would have zero calories, and eating desserts would actually burn calories
  • I would not feel so ashamed when I cry -- If I ruled the world, I would not change how much I cry, and how often I tear up, but I would change the fact that I feel embarrassed whenever it happens outside of my own home
  • Children and animals would be loved, cared for, protected and healthy
  • The intentions of myself and others would be viewable between the lines of what is said and written so that misunderstandings would be rare
  • Food wouldn't splatter in the microwave
  • I would have less worries and more faith
  • I would think of more important world-changing ideas for "If I Ruled the World..."... but everything that I think of of a religious, political, social angle makes me feel like I'm imposing my view and my values on others, which I guess is what "If I Ruled the World..." is implying...
But I do not rule the world, and I am not supposed to...

“For My thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts."
Isaiah 55:8-9


image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.