Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Learning About my Hubby

I absolutely love being married to my hubby!

The longer I'm married, and the more I realize I have to learn about my husband and about being a good wife, the more in love with him I am.

I have new favorite things about marriage all the time... but at the moment one of my most favorite things about marriage is the secrets we share with each other, both intentionally and unintentionally.

There are the secrets we expressly share with each other -- our hopes and dreams and frustrations and joys and struggles...

Then there are the secrets that we both just learn about each other the more time we spend together.  I know what he does likes to do when he walks in the door at the end of the day.  I know his favorite pastimes and which he prefers under different circumstances.  I know how he works and studies best and when he's procrastinating.  I know how he pretends to dislike cats, but secretly loves our Lexie girl because she's ours.

I admit, I am an occasional fan of the television drama and I feel for those married couples that are so in love, but one of them has been keeping a secret.  You name it, there has been a drama written about keeping it hidden from your spouse -- an illness, a disease, a desire, a skeleton in the closet, a past decision, an embarrassing family member -- its all been hidden from a spouse in the television world.  As I watch those dramas, I am always drawn into the story, but then I am completely relieved to know that none of those secrets are between my husband and me.  We still have things to learn about one another, but we have not deliberately and intentionally kept things from each other.  I am completely in love with this man and completely trust that he has not kept anything from me.  Surprises are in our future -- but not deceptive, caught-in-a-lie surprises.

I have learned so many things about this wonderful man who married me in the past year and a half, and I still have so much more to learn.  I love that even with all I have left to learn about my hubs, I love that I know him better than anyone else on earth.  :-D

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.