Friday, February 15, 2013

News From My Field

Many of you know that I work with students who are blind and visually impaired.

There are very rewarding parts of my job, and very challenging parts of my job.

Thus far, the most challenging part of my job has been working with a student who is slowing losing his vision... he doesn't exactly need my services today, but I have to try to prepare him to adjust to the idea that someday he might need my services -- and by that time he might be out of school, and I won't be there.

There are several eye diseases that slowly rob people of their sight, but last night on NBC Nightly News, they announced a tremendous breakthrough for people with one specific eye disease, Retinitis Pigmentosa.

I have a few students with this disease and know several adults who have lost, or are losing their vision to this disease.  The below news story is an answer to prayer and the biggest breakthrough people with Retinitis Pigmentosa have ever seen.

Wouldn't it be amazing if, in time, eventually, I had to find a new job because people's vision had been restored through the miracle of science and technology?  Please, Lord, let it be!


Visit NBCNews.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

image signature

1 comment:

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.