Thursday, April 21, 2016

Such a problem solver

Howard has started to suck his thumb and I am complete torn about how I feel about it.



On the one hand, I am so proud of him being so resourceful and creative as to soothe himself -- he is such a problem solver.

On the other hand... I want that thumb out of his mouth!  I can take away the passie eventually, I cannot take away the thumb!

He does seem to prefer the passie... and tries to suck on the passie first... but if that fails, or if its unavailable, the thumb is a very reliable backup.




The cool thing is that I kind of think of sucking a thumb as traditional, resourceful, and old-school... and Howard James is named for his two grandfathers -- both traditional, resourceful, and old-school men.



... And, not to be out-done... when she heard that I was so impressed with Howard's problem-solving abilities, Caroline started sucking her thumb too.

 

1 comment:

  1. Totally adorable!

    I don't know how none of our children became thumb suckers especially considering I came from a long line of thumb suckers.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.