Monday, December 21, 2015

#ThankyouTaylor

I consider myself a realist.
My husband, an optimist, says I am a pessimist.
I have told him that considering me a pessimist is not a very optimistic way to see me.

All that being said, I am very skeptical of various movements on the internet.  I am not one to repost the "If I get 1 million share, my dad will stop smoking," or "If we get 1 million likes, my parents will get us a dog."  I just don't buy it.  I think if the dad intended to stop smoking, he would just do it.  If the parents were going to buy their kids a dog, they would but it.

A few weeks ago, I noticed a hashtag being reposted on facebook #delaneymeettaylor.  The gist of the post was that a thirteen-year-old girl in Grand Junction Colorado (60 miles west of Rifle) has terminal cancer, has been fighting cancer for years, and has the dream of meeting Taylor Swift.  The message was trying to get Taylor Swift's attention to either have a concert in Grand Junction, or just somehow get Taylor Swift to meet this girl, Delaney.

I really did not give the facebook post a second thought.  I didn't doubt that there was a very sick little girl named Delaney... but I had no desire to try to get the word out to Taylor Swift... because, from my point of view, word would never reach Taylor Swift.


Apparently, on her way home to Tennessee for Christmas, Taylor Swift stopped by Grand Junction Colorado, specifically to Delaney's home to surprise her.


So much for my theories of realism.


I've never had a poor opinion of Taylor Swift... she seems to have a good head on her shoulders for the most part, although I don't know that I agree with her switch from Country to Pop music.  But what a special young lady she must be to take the time out of her schedule and answer the call, the plea, from a small town in Colorado to grant the wish of a very sick little girl.

I tear up every time I think about it.


God Bless You, Taylor Swift... and God, please heal Delaney and be with her and her family in this struggle.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.