Saturday, December 19, 2015

Christmas Spirit

The past two nights have been so wonderful for putting me in the Christmas spirit.

On Thursday night, Hubby and I went to his school's Christmas party -- which was fun and casual at a local Mexican restaurant.  My parents were baby-sitting Tracey Ann, and Hubby and I were both excited to have a night out together and celebrate the start "Christmas break" from school and my maternity leave, so when the party was over in faster than we anticipated, neither of us were ready to call it a night.

After checking in with my parents and hearing that all was well at home, we decided to go to dinner at a new restaurant in town.  But as soon as we arrived at the restaurant, saw a sign for a Family Movie Night at an old refurbished movie theater a block away showing the movie Elf.  The movie has started five minutes ago and Hubby and I quickly made the decision to postpone dinner and walk over to the theater and catch the rest of the movie.

It was a freezing night with snow on the ground and town Christmas lights everywhere, and it was so much fun to quickly walk that block with Hubby and arrive in the nice warm theater having missed only 10 minutes of the movie.  The family movie was a great deal and so much fun.  This is the first time in my life that when all the characters in the movie sang a song together, the viewers in the theater sang along too.  At the end of Elf, where the people are singing, "Santa Claus is Coming To Town," the whole theater was singing along.

After the movie, we went back the new restaurant and ordered carry out as they were closing.  The restaurant proprietor remembered us from earlier and asked how the movie was and was happy we had returned.  We really love living in a small town and Thursday night was a perfect small town Christmas date night.

 Then, Friday, we watched White Christmas as a family -- Hubby, Tracey Ann, my parents, the unborn twins and myself, all in our beautiful family room with our big beautiful Christmas tree, safe and warm and happy.  Tracey Ann even enjoyed dancing and clapping to some of the songs, which was such fun to see.

My parents and I sang along to many of the songs, and Hubby danced with me to the song, "The Best Things Happen While You're Dancing," which Tracey Ann loved (and so did I).

One week until Christmas and these are very special moments and memories in our new home, before the twins arrive, with my parents, and as Christmas approaches.  It really is the most wonderful time of the year.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.