Monday, December 28, 2015

Preggers II -- Twins: 35 Weeks

 
How far along?  35 weeks... on Christmas Eve... so today, Monday; 35 weeks 4 days.


How I am feeling? A little bi-polar, to be honest.  Some days I feel great and I'm so excited about all that we're getting done around the house and how much time I'm spending with Tracey Ann and the fact that the twins are still growing and devloping in utero.  Other days I have a much harder time keeping my eye on the prize and remembering what good news it is that I am still pregnant.  The twins are not ready to come out yet, and so in the womb is exactly where they should still be.  Although, I will admit, I don't think it has helped me that the doctors have had us on high alert to expect the twins since mid-October.  Really, I shouldn't really have been anticipating the twins until 36-38 weeks gestation... but the doctors had us ready and anticipating them since 26 weeks, so it feels like we've been on edge expecting labor for a really long time.

How big are babies?  The size of coconuts... between 4.2 to 5.8 pounds and 17.2 to 18.7 inches long according the internet.

Sleep:  Pretty normal given that I'm 35 weeks pregnant with twins.  So I'm up about 4-6 times a night... which I guess is great practice for being the mother of newborn twins and a toddler under two.

Boy/Girl, Boy/Boy, Girl/Girl Predictions:  I'm not sure... but we're getting excited to find out.

Babies Nicknames:  Babies, or Twins
  Best moment this weekI think the whole family is nesting... since Christmas Eve all of Hubby, my Mom, my Dad and I have been working very hard on the house every day getting as many projects done, boxes unpacked, and organization in place knowing that the twins could arrive any time and that each day we spend organizing could be our last before life is very different.

Food cravings:  Just food.

Missing:  Oh, let's not go here... instead let's say that, when the babies arrive, I will miss the feeling of them moving, squirming, and kicking inside my belly at the same time.  I will also miss Tracey Ann hugging my belly and using her new doctor kit on my big stomach.  She uses her stethoscope, tweezers, and gives me shots in the stomach.  It is really fun and sweet.
 
Movements:  Yes, and I love them.  Sometimes the jabs get a little rough, but for the most part, I absolutely love them and will miss them when the babies are born.

Labor Signs:  Well, yes but just enough to make us wonder each and every night if tonight might be the night... but so far the babies are still hanging in and loving live in the womb.

Comparison:  Here I am carrying Tracey Ann at 35 weeks... and by the way, I tried on this green dress to try to wear to church on Christmas Eve -- it did not fit.  Neither did the second Christmas maternity dress I tried on...



and here I am 35 weeks with the twins... in one of the few church outfits that did fit on Christmas Eve.


and a comparison shot, just for fun...
 

General Attitude: I'm trying to focus on one day at a time... I get overwhelmed when I think about another two and a half weeks of growing.  Usually when I think about one day at a time I can stay positive and encouraged.

 What I am looking forward to this week:  All the college football that happens in the week between Christmas and New Years... and hoping that if and when I do go into labor that it doesn't conflict with some of these great games.  I know, it's silly to think about... but at this point, the babies have waited this long to be born... could they give me a nice quick labor in between bowl games, please?

Milestones: Hubby and I toured the hospital again... not really because we felt we needed to -- we had Tracey Ann at this hospital less than two years ago, but we went by the Family Birth Place to drop off Christmas cookies.  While we were there, we met with one of the nurses and she familiarized us with the nursery and neonatal intensive care unit, should we need them.  We had been so focused on the good news of making it to 34 and 35 weeks in my pregnancy, that we were kind of naive not to realize that we might still be dealing with premature babies.  Tracey Ann was never in the nursery during our stay at the hospital... but depending on the needs and sizes of the twins, that might not be the case this time.  It was nice to learn the policies and procedures just in case we find ourselves with a baby or two in the nursery... although I am operating under the strong mindset that none of that will be necessary.
Thank you for your prayers in this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.