Tuesday, September 8, 2015

I Remember

I remember what it was like to be single and dreaming of what my life would be like when I found a man who was vying for my heart.

I remember what it was like when I was in a relationship, and being courted by a good man, but something wasn't right.

I remember that fearful pit in my gut when I wasn't sure about the future of our relationship... or when I could tell that the man was not sure about the future of our relationship.

I think of that when I see television shows and movies where a couple is going through a dramatic time -- which, let's face it, occurs on tv and in movies more often than romantic, committed, lasting relationships.

When I see girls experiencing heartbreak when they are blindsided by a man's apathy or change of heart, and I remember being there no so long ago.  Drama in relationships existed in my life during the span of six- to thirteen years ago.

Ever since Hubby and I got married, it has been such a joy and comfort to feel fully committed to each other for life.  Yes, we have disagreements, yes, there are times when our marriage needs more devoted attention than others, but we are committed for life.

I remember the uncertainty of wondering if a boyfriend was going to change his mind and just walk away, and I thank the Lord every day for my husband and our marriage where no such uncertainty exists.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.