Tuesday, September 22, 2015

A Mother

My life could have gone a number of different ways.

I was never one of those people who knew they were destined to graduate high school, attend a nearby college, move back to my hometown, settle down, and marry a fellow Sailor (my high school mascot).

My life might have gone anywhere.  My parents exposed me to so many places and people throughout my young life, that I really could have gone anywhere.

There were times I thought about having a high-power career in in a big city like New York, Los Angeles, or Chicago...
There were times I thought I might end up living overseas -- either as a missionary, working for the department of defense, or married to a serviceman...
There were times I thought life might take me to Alaska, or Texas, or Main, or Alabama...

Many careers were considered over the years -- doctor, lawyer, advertising executive, harpist, actress, singer, ski instructor, beautician, teacher...

But in every scenario of imagining my life, for as long as I could remember... I was always a mother.

Having children was always an absolute must when I imagined my life.

Tracey Ann, and our twins... and any other children we are blessed to have really are my dream come true.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.