Tuesday, April 7, 2015

It's Me...

Remember the song, "It's Me, It's Me, It's Me, Oh Lord, Standin' in the need of prayer..."?  There are a few times in my life when I have come to God with that song, not really knowing what else to say, but admitting to God that this time, this day, this moment, I'm praying for me.

The thing is, more and more I'm realizing this song isn't to be sung a few times in my life... it is Truth. It is to be remembered every day.

This is not a song for the few moments of life when, I, the Mama, am so broken that I ask for prayer for myself.  Do me a favor, think of the song -- it's a really happy song.  This song is not to be reserved for moments of brokenness, its joyous.  Also, its not a children's song.

All too often, when I read my Bible and listen to a sermon, or pray, I am thinking about other people.  I will read my Bible and immediately think of four people who REALLY need to read these verses and take them to heart.  Upon reading those verses, maybe I don't call them on the phone and read them the verses -- but I start praying that God will call these verses to their attention -- because they really need to hear this.

** Cue the anvil hitting me in the head. **
IT'S ME!

God is working ON ME.  When I read the Bible, when I hear sermons, when I pray, God is working on ME -- I'M the one who needs to hear these verses.

"It's me, It's me, It's me, Oh Lord, standin' in the need of prayer..."

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.