Monday, January 5, 2015

Beating Cancer

I spend many hours watching ESPN, but I never knew the sportscaster, Stuart Scott.  Apparently Mr. Scott passed away recently following a battle with cancer.  He was awarded the Jimmy V. award recently, and in his acceptance speech, I said words that I want to remember,

“When you die, it does not mean that you lose to cancer. You beat cancer by how you live, why you live, and in the manner in which you live... So live.  Live.  Fight like hell and when you get too tired to fight, lay down, and rest and let someone else fight for you.”



I have had many family members whose cause of death was cancer... that did not mean they lost to cancer.  I have many family members who have beaten cancer... and they faithfully beat cancer every hour of every day, until they were welcomed into heaven by their Heavenly Father.

Rest in Peace, Stuart Scott... and so many others who beat cancer and are now cancer-free and resting in peace.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.