Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Now I understand.

My entire life my dad always preferred to go to bed at the same time as my mom.  He didn't like her staying up late for any reason... including a movie night with me, or girl time, or a girls weekend, etc.  Don't get me wrong, he loves that my mom and I are close, but he always said he couldn't sleep without my mom.

As a kid, I never believed him because I could hear him snoring when mom and I went back to bed... who was he trying to fool?  He could TOTALLY sleep without my mom.

Now I've learned, he was completely right.  Chris and I do not sleep well when the other is not there.  On nights where he works late, or when he's off hunting, or I'm out of town, we both find that we can't sleep, we toss and turn, and the sleep we get is fitful.

I'm sorry for doubting you, Dad.  Now I understand.

One of the best parts of my day is curling up next to my Hubby in bed.  On nights when I can't do that, everything feels wrong.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.