Monday, March 17, 2014

Those Who Love Your Kids

Among many wise statements, my dad has always said,
"You love those who love your kids."

I am understanding this more and more every day as I feel such great love, appreciation, and affection for those who love Tracey Ann and seem to already know what a special girl she is.

This extends to those who have sent cards of congratulations, gifts specifically chosen, or hand-made for her, and those who have come to meet her.

I was surprised yesterday by my husband asking me if our house was in order for visitors.  He said that someone may be stopping by to meet Tracey Ann, and if I wanted to do any cleaning, he would suggest that I do it.

Praise God that my husband knows me well enough to know that there is a marked difference between the house we live in day-to-day, and the house we present to company.

To make a long story short, my dear cousin, Elizabeth, has flown in from New York for barely 36 hours to meet our precious Tracey Ann.

I have always loved Elizabeth -- we are from the same stock.  We grew up together, have shared life experiences, family, secrets, accomplishments, joys, and sorrows.  Like I said, I have always loved Elizabeth, but what my dad said is strikingly true.

I love those who love my daughter... and the fact Elizabeth came so far to meet her makes me feel all the more love and connection with her.

Welcome, Aunt Elizabeth!

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.