Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Still Better

Yesterday was a rough day.  In many ways, it took me back a little to when Tracey Ann was a newborn and only slept for 2-3 hours at a time... therefore I only slept for 2-3 hours at a time.

Thankfully, she wasn't sick or anything... just had a rough night waking up every few hours.  Up until yesterday, six-week-old Tracey Ann had been sleeping longer and longer stretches at night (Praise God!) up to stretches of five-and-a-half hours.  I have been one happy mama, and much more productive during the day with major stretches of rest like those.

But Sunday night, there were no five hour naps... there were two hour naps, thirty-minute naps, hour-and-a-half naps.

All that to say, Monday was a rough day.  My To-Do List, which is never very long each day... but it at least consists of two-five goals, did not get touched as I savored every moment of sleep I could, and tried to keep a happy mama attitude for the times Tracey Ann was awake.

All that being said, yesterday, a rough day at home with Tracey Ann was still much better than my best day working outside the home without her.

Even on the rough days, my blessings are too numerous to count.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.