Thursday, December 1, 2011

Bah Humbug

via
 For the first time in my life, I have absolutely no interest in Christmas preparations.  Something is COMPLETELY wrong with this scenario as I am usually MISS CHRISTMAS.  Maybe, therein lies the problem -- I am no longer MISS anything... I'm Mrs... and apparently I am NOT Mrs. Christmas.

Now, in a normal home, it would be no cause for concern if the family decorator is not ready for Christmas on December 1st... the family decorator might even get a pat on the back for giving Thanksgiving its full due, and delaying the Christmas crazy a tad.  But our home is not the normal home -- we are both teachers and we are headed for a split Christmas celebration in St. Louis and Michigan starting December 16th.  We have three weeks to enjoy a Christmas-filled home and then we're gone.

via
 We have three weeks and only three weeks to have Christmas fill our home... and over half of the first week is gone.

I have no desire to even think about anything Christmas-related.  I don't know if I just burnt myself out getting the house reading for Thanksgiving, of if the lack of snow in Rifle is having a muddy effect on me or if I've just had 27 years of Christmas excitement, and this is a year off, but I don't even want to think about it.  WHAT IS GOING ON?

via
 The irony is that for the past 5 years, I have decorated a home for myself -- I have not had a husband or a family for whom I was decorating; nevertheless, I decorated EVERY YEAR.  Now, I have a husband and a family (animal family) for whom I can decorate -- and I have no interest.  Something is seriously wrong here, and I have no idea what it is.

via
 Have you ever had a holiday arrive and you had a completely uncharacteristic response to its arrival?

image signature

1 comment:

  1. I was like that last year since I knew we would be in Mexico for Christmas. However, I promise if you spend an hour or so listening to your favorite Christmas music, you'll get right in the spirit!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.