Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Preggers III: 31 Weeks




How far along?  31 weeks, 2 days

Comparisons:
 31 Weeks with Tracey

31 Weeks with the Twins

31 Weeks with Baby Number 4
 
How I am feeling?  Pretty sore by the end of the day... and well, truth be told, my feet and back are even hurting at the beginning of the day now.  But, when I'm wearing the right shoes, and the right leggings, I forget the aches and pains most of the day.
 
How big is the baby?  The size of asparagus -- 16.1 inches long, 3.31 pounds
 
Sleep:  I sleep very well, thankfully.  Up a few times a night to use the restroom, but if I can try to keep my brain asleep, I fall right back to sleep.

Boy/Girl Predictions:  Well... we know our baby's gender so no need to predict here.

Baby Nicknames:  I call the baby, "Baby," but Tracey has switched from calling the baby, "Strawberry," to calling it, "Grape."  The other day she said the baby's name should be "Rapunzel," which was new.  It has been so much fun to watch Tracey anticipate this baby along with Hubby and me and watch how excited she is for her new sibling.
 
  Best moment this week:  I have a To Do list with a deadline of October 1, and the best moments have been Hubby and me able to cross some big projects off the list.  We put toddler seats in the car for our twins so I do not have to lift carseats anymore, and we finished building the swings et with the help of some wonderful friends.  Those are two huge projects to have crossed off our list.

Food cravings:  Nothing really, just trying to make good food choices throughout the day.  We have been using our Instant Pot for the past few weeks, so I'm trying to use ingredients in the pantry and home-cooked healthy meals the kids will eat.  I'm also trying to eat more salads -- the more I eat, the more I crave them.

Missing:  Well, this week, once we finished the swing set, I really wanted a beer -- and with college football season starting soon, a beer sounds really good.
 
Movements:  Yes, and I love them.  I mostly feel the baby move when I sit down or get off my feet at the end of the day.  I'm pretty sure the baby is still breech, so no foot jabs in the ribs at this point.

Labor Signs:  Not yet, thankfully.
 
General Attitude: I have been very emotional in this pregnancy, and it probably influences my attitude.  I can't believe I'm eight weeks or less from delivery (my due date is two months from today), and I want to savor the pregnancy -- something I have been able to do pretty well in my previous two pregnancies, but this time I find myself more excited for the baby's arrival and having a newborn again.  But I'm trying to stay content for the last two months of pregnancy and the feelings of pregnancy while they last.

 What I am looking forward to this week:  The kiddos meet their school teachers later this week and I have loved getting to watch them play on their new swing set.

Milestones: Well, I've been in the third trimester for the past few weeks, and the new school year starting is a milestone as we figure out the new routine.  But really, I think I'm just trying to enjoy my three little ones and how well they play together while its just the three of them.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.