Monday, March 7, 2016

Postpartum Surveys

In the past two months, between my hospital discharge, my twins' first doctor's appointments, my six-week doctor's appointment, and my twin's two-month doctor's appointments, I have filled out a lot of postpartum surveys.

I do not mean IN ANY way to make light of serious postpartum emotional health issues... but I will admit, I find humor in these surveys.

A few of the questions that I find particularly funny are:
  1. I have been anxious or worried for no good reason.
    1.  
    2.  
    3.  
    4.  
     
    Okay... I just had twins AND I have a daughter under two years of age... I have been anxious and worried for some VERY GOOD REASONS!
  2. I have felt scared or panicky for no very good reason.
    1.  
    2.  
    3.  
    4.  
     
    Once again... I just had twins and I have a daughter who's a toddler... and my husband just went back to work and my parents are leaving soon... I have felt scared or panicky for many VERY GOOD REASONS!
  3. Things have been getting on top of me.
    1.  
    2.  
    3.  
    4.  
    Things, yes, have been getting on top of me... and I don't think I will cope "as well as ever" ever again for the rest of my life.  Let's at least give me reasonable questions please.
  4. I have been so unhappy that I have had difficulty sleeping.
    1.  
    2.  
    3.  
    4.  
Okay... this is very serious.  I am so tired that the idea that ANYTHING at all, ever again, would cause me difficulty sleeping?  This must be the biggest red flag of all of the questions you asked me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.