Wednesday, March 9, 2016

My Favorite Wall

In our old house, I had a favorite wall in our home.  I had pictures up everywhere... but one wall was my favorite:


It was in our bedroom facing our bed and I loved that it was the last thing I saw before I went to sleep.  I wanted it to be the last thing I saw.  On days I felt blessed, it was a reminder of those blessings... and on days that were harder, it was still a reminder of my blessings.  On days when Hubby and I had disagreed, it was a reminder of our commitment, and I loved looking at it before I fell asleep.


Now, in our new house, I have a new favorite wall:


It is in our bedroom on my side of the bed, right above our double-bassinet where our twins sleep and I loved that it is the last thing I see before I fall asleep.  Still, on days I feel blessed, it is a reminder of those blessings... and on days that are harder, it is still a reminder of all of my blessings.  On days when Hubby and I disagree or marriage and parenting feels like the hard work that it is, it is a reminder of our commitment, to each other and to our children, and I love looking at this, and being reminded of my commitment before I fall asleep.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.