Thursday, May 28, 2015

Salt Lake City Weekend

We had a great weekend in Salt Lake City.  We went to see my friend from college, Mary Carol, who was in town working on her Stanford post-doc project.  Tracey Ann and I got to see her a few months ago when she came to Denver, but Hubby didn't get to come, and the Denver trip was SO quick -- 3.5 hours there, 3.5 hour visit, and 3.5 hours home.

Salt Lake City was so much better because we got to meet her for dinner, then I got to spend some 1 on 1 time with her while Hubby watched Tracey Ann, and then we got to see her again the next day for a late breakfast/early lunch.

The only downside to the trip was that Tracey Ann was sick when we arrived, and then I was sick by the time we left.  Tracey Ann had been battling a cough, but she was staying pretty constant -- not getting better, not getting worse.  Then, she spiked a fever our first night there, but then, the good news is, she just got better thereafter.  Our second day there, I could tell I was coming down with her virus, and I have gotten sicker ever since.

Below are some pictures of our time there, and don't forget to read about our great experience with families and children at Chic-Fil-A.

Lexie got to come with us this trip -- Lloyd stayed with the dog-sitter.

Fun in the hotel room.

Her favorite thing to do was climbing up on and standing on our cooler.

"Can I take pictures with your phone, Mama?"

On the cooler again.

I love this outfit.

I think this is the closest we've gotten to a picture of all of us smiling and looking at the camera.

Tracey Ann made a new friend at the restaurant... here she's waving at them.

Tracey Ann and Mary Carol

Group picture

Here Tracey Ann is pointing at a deer head on the wall
 
Finally, here's a smile, because I'm tickling her -- and my wide-mouth laugh.

She LOVED riding on the cart

She had so much fun in the Chic-Fil-A tube slide

Bye-bye Dr. Mazza

What a cutie

A little Memorial Day gardening once we got home

I love this Memorial Day dress
 

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.