Sunday, May 10, 2015

I Call Mom

My mom is my best friend.


She and I talk, I'd say an average of 6.5 days a week... we have the occasional Saturday or Sunday when we don't chat.  Most days, however, we not only talk, but we exchange 4-10 phone calls.

I call Mom all the time.

I call her:
  • to share good news
  • to vent about frustrating or bad news
  • to ask advice about motherhood
  • to ask advice about marriage
  • to ask for no advice... just a listening ear
  • to ask for recipes
  • to ask how to fix the cooking mistakes I make
  • to share what's happened with my day
  • to get encouragement
  • to show off the new and fun things my daughter is doing
  • to show off homemaking accomplishments
  • to hear her voice
  • to tell her a joke I heard that I know will make her laugh
  • to tell her about a good movie that I saw
  • to tell her about something awesome that happened at Bible study, or a really great church sermon
  • to tell her about future plans that Hubby and I are discussing -- long-term or short-term or very far-fetched
  • to tell her when I'm really bothered by something, that no one else on the planet would be bothered by, but it is driving me crazy
There have been a very few times in my life when I've kept a secret from my mom to make something a surprise, and it is the hardest thing for me to do.  I tell her EVERYTHING.

I love you, Mom.  Mom, you are beautiful.

Happy Mother's Day, Momma!

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.