Thursday, March 19, 2015

Different Kind...

This year I am trying to prepare myself for a different kind of Spring Break.

Hubby and I are SOOO excited for our Spring Break this week, and we are not going anywhere.  We are staying home and loving life with our little family.

It will be wonderful, but it will be different from Spring Breaks in the past.

In the past, the things I loved about Spring Break included:
  • Sleeping in
  • Skiing
  • Time in Vail
  • Extra workouts and runs
  • Eating junk food guilt-free because of all the skiing, extra workouts and runs
  • Movies and Netflix shows
  • Dinners out with Hubby -- or dinners in with Hubby
  • Reading books in front of a fire with my feet up
  • Basically, relaxing in order to recharge for the last 9 weeks of school.
This year, I don't think any of the above events will take place.  I'm not entirely sure what to expect, but I think this Spring Break will involve:

  • Not really sleeping in -- but Hubby and I will probably trade off a few naps throughout the day
  • More of our same routine -- have to keep Tracey Ann on her schedule
  • More cleaning that past years
  • Less relaxing time with my feet up
  • Hopefully a few more jogs with a baby jogger and puppy dog
  • More time chasing a toddler around the house
  • Dinners in with Tracey Ann
  • Reading toddler books in front of Lexie and Lloyd with my feet sitting cross-legged
I know it is going to be a great week... but very different from past years, and I am trying to focus on the joy of what this, different kind, of Spring Break will bring.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.