Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Happy Birthday Lex!

Today Lexie turns ten years old.




She is my first baby and my history with her goes back long before I even met my husband.  She found me at a friend's W&L graduation and she came back to Nashville with me for the last six months I was at Vandy -- then she moved West with me, my little pioneer kitty.




She was my baby while I met my husband, while we dated long distance, when he proposed and we were engaged.  She was my baby when I married my husband -- he who said he'd never have a cat got Lexie in our marriage and he has never complained.



Lex hung with us while we adjusted to marriage -- and as we adopted a puppy.  Then she hung with us when we started having children... and kept having children... and kept having children.









Now, she is such a trooper as the oldest little one of our crazy crew.

I don't usually get to take pictures of my four little ones with Lexie, but a few mornings ago she climbed up in my bed and wanted Tracey to pet her.  Tracey was thrilled to oblige, and Howard was quick to want to join.  Lexie doesn't always want to be pet by the little ones, and on the rare occasion when she does, the little ones don't always pet her appropriately.

It was really fun to watch the perfect alignment of the stars a few mornings ago to watch Lexie want the children to pet her and the children to carefully and thoughtfully take the time to pet her.
 




I love you, Lex.  Happy 10th Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.