Monday, April 30, 2018

Home Decor

I've been updating some pictures in frames in our home trying to incorporate some new favorite pictures with Addallee.  It has been really fun to see that, without even trying I'm starting to see parallel pictures from different seasons of our lives and different ages of our children.

My favorite home decor is pictures of our family.

A friend came over once and complimented all the family pictures I have on our walls.  She then told me that she had read a magazine article in some Home and Country or Martha Steward magazine that said you are not supposed to decorate your home primarily with photos, but she said how much she liked my home with all the pictures.  The almost back-handed compliment made me laugh, and I thought about it long after she left.

The truth is I absolutely love our home -- it was such an unexpected blessing from God for Hubby and me to be able to purchase this amazing home for our growing family.  I love being the home-maker of our family.  I am not a painter, and I certainly am not going to spend our money on expensive room renovations or window treatments.  I love that our furniture is hand-me-down because my children can play on the furniture and enjoy our furniture without my stressing about wear and tear, or accidental spills.

Also, my husband is the love of my life and our marriage is one of the best commitments I've ever made and continue to make every day.  Our four children are my dreams come true and I want to see pictures of them, and my husband -- of this dream that I built, these blessings that God has given me, around every corner and on every wall of our home.

I am the one who has to live here, and I love seeing my walls covered with pictures of our family.  Martha Stewart has yet to invite herself over to my home for dinner... and if she ever were to do so, hopefully the warmth and the joy of our happy family and smiling children would help her overlook the fact my walls are covered with photos.  Well, photos, and children's paintings, and fingerprints -- see my walls have variety.

Back to the intention of this post -- the juxtaposition of different pictures:

Tracey holding Howard


Caroline holding Addallee


Tracey loving on newborn Caroline


Caroline loving on newborn Addallee


Tracey in pigtails when Caroline could barely sit up


Caroline in pigtails when Addallee could barely sit up


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.