Thursday, April 26, 2018

Strut for Mutts

Last Saturday was a really fun day with the kids.  Hubby ran a track meet so he was gone all day (from before dawn until well after dusk) and so the kiddos and I had an adventure.  It was spur of the moment because all kids were up and in my room by 6:15am... so we had to get out of the house.




First I made blueberry apple pancakes (Tracey's idea) and the kids ate them on the floor (Caroline's idea).


Then, I took them to the Rifle Animal Shelter road race -- which was actually a trail race (I did not know that).  Since we had had rain earlier that week, it was actually a mud race (I did not know that either).


It was fun though... I pulled the wagon as far as I could... about half way (and up a big hill I might add) until the wagon wheels were so caked with mud that they they wouldn't roll anymore.


I was so glad I put the kids in their galoshes and they had fun getting out at one part of the race and splashing through the puddles.

 


We finished our shorter-than-5K race, and headed home to change clothes, eat lunch, and enjoy a nap.







What a fun day with my little ones.  It is so nice to be able to do things like this now that the twins are old enough.  They may not always obey... but they at least know the expectations when we're out together, and they understand me when I direct them.  We never would have done something like this a year or two ago.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.