Saturday, May 12, 2018

Three Girls

When my mom was a little girl, she planned on growing up to have three girls.  
She was going to name them Stacey, Stephanie, and Sarah.
Life had its twists and turns, and not unlike many adults, my mom's childhood plans did not play out exactly like her six-year-old self planned.

She married my dad and they agreed to have one child... and I arrived on the scene.  She always said that if I had been a boy, she would have gone back to the negotiation table for a second baby.  But I was a girl, and so my mom was very happy to raise her one baby girl.

Her dream of a baby girl came true... not three girls, but one.

Knowing my mother's history and dream for three girls put a lump in my throat when I snapped this picture at Tracey, Howard, and Caroline's Mother's Day Tea.  Grammie with three girls -- my three girls, and her three granddaughters.



It didn't happen in motherhood, but in His timing, God gave her the three girls she's always wanted in grandmotherhood... and added a little Howard as a bonus.


Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.