Sunday, May 13, 2018

Mother and Daughter

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.


I am taking pause this Mother's Day to sincerely appreciate these years when I am both a mother and a daughter on Mother's Day.

My maternal grandmother died when my mother was sixteen years old, so I never got to experience three generations of females as I grew up -- it was just my mom and me.

Now, to have these four years of Mother's Days when I am not only a mother, but I get to still celebrate my mother and watch her in her role as a grandmother is such a tremendous blessing.

I am in a season of life where I am the mother -- a mother of four wonderful children under age five.  I have all the responsibilities of motherhood and I am in charge at my home.  But, I am still a daughter and I can call my mom any time for advice or a shoulder to cry on.  I can still benefit from her unconditional love and wisdom, and have a ring-side seat to watch her relationship with my children grow.  These years are truly the best.

I couldn't find a Spring picture of my mother and me with my children for all of the past four years, but I did my best to see how things have changed.

Spring 2014

Summer 2015

Spring 2016

Spring 2016

Spring 2017

Spring 2018
 
This year has definitely been the best Mother's Day thus far in my opinion because my mom was here right up until Friday and was able to attend the Mother's Day Tea at my children's school.  She commented that morning how she was so excited about the tea -- she had wanted to attend it ever since she learned about it two years ago.  Two years ago, we were invited but Tracey was just two, and so Tracey and I did not attend the tea.  Last year, I attended the tea by myself with Tracey, which was special.  This year, my mom and I attended together both the preschool tea with Tracey and Lee Lee, and then the four of us walked over to the toddler tea, and enjoyed the rest of the event with Howard and Caroline.









What a very special Mother's Day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.