Tuesday, September 12, 2017

Preggers III -- 34 Weeks


How far along?  34 weeks, 1 day

Comparisons:
 34 Weeks with Tracey


34 Weeks with the Twins


34 Weeks with Baby Number 4

 


How I am feeling?  Pretty overwhelmed most days.  The compulsive nesting seems to have lessened... which is bad because I still have a lot to do before the baby arrives.  But I will say, I think I'm feeling very tired at the end of each day... sometimes at the beginning of each day... and then overwhelmed when I think about the next few weeks and all we have going on.  At the same time, I am really excited about our new baby on the way.  I am excited to have a newborn on the way and watching our little ones accept a new sibling.  Even though I know it will be a hard adjustment, I'm getting really excited.

 

How big is the baby?  The size of a butternut squash -- 17.7 inches long, 4.63 pounds
Sleep:  I've been sleeping better, but its getting harder to find a comfortable position throughout the night.

Boy/Girl Predictions:  Well... we know our baby's gender so no need to predict here.

Baby Nicknames:  I call the baby, "Baby," but Tracey still insists the name should be "'Punzel"
  Best moment this week:  I'm really trying to cherish all the little baby kicks and movements because we don't know if this might be our last pregnancy, and I love feeling our babies move in my belly -- in this pregnancy one baby move in my belly.  I am going to miss being pregnant when the time comes that our family is complete.  Also, I am loving watching Caroline playing with baby dolls lately, and Howard learning to rub my belly and say, "Baby."



Food cravings:  I have been craving chocolate chip cookies... luckily we've stopped buying cookie dough from the store so if I want chocolate chip cookies, I have to make them myself.  That's a good system for right now -- if I want the cookies, I have to bake them.

Missing:  Cool weather.  I look at the pictures of me when I was pregnant with Tracey and the twins, and I was wearing such warm sweaters at this point in the pregnancy... and those sweaters were so nice and cozy and big and wintry.  Given that Rifle often has days over 90*, there are no pregnancy sweaters in my future at the moment... so I'm still wearing these pregnancy sun dresses as I get bigger and bigger and bigger (and hotter)... and I really wish we'd get a wintry cold snap right about now.
 
Movements:  Yes, and I love them -- although they can be uncomfortable at times.  I'm not sure if the baby is still breech -- there's a good chance it might be, but the baby is definitely moving all over... hopefully flipping to a head-down position, but I don't know.

Labor Signs:  Not yet, thankfully.

General Attitude:  I think tired and overwhelmed.  I wish I was cherishing and enjoying these last days as a family of five more, but I'm not at the moment.  We are just on such a treadmill from now until October and I'm tired just thinking about it... and of course not knowing when the baby will arrive (hopefully in mid-October, but only God knows).

 What I am looking forward to this week:  I have another doctor's appointment this week and I'll be interested to know that everything's going well.  Also, we're heading to Colorado Springs this week... I'm trying to be excited about it (although I'm a little overwhelmed about the trip at the moment).

Milestones: Thirty-four weeks... I had the twins at 36 weeks, and Tracey at 38 weeks... so this pregnancy is flying by and I feel like I have to be ready to have the baby really soon -- even if its still a few weeks ago... its really soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.