Sunday, July 17, 2016

We Need It Most

Hubby and I are both committed to making our marriage work, survive, thrive, endure, bloom and succeed for the long haul.  Sometimes that commitment comes easily and other times it take more work and diligent effort.

A few times in our marriage -- I can count on one hand, with fingers to spare, we have REALLY needed a date, just the two of us.  A date is always good for us, but there are been about three times when we have NEEDED a date in order to put a pin in the day-to-day responsibilities of life and marriage in order to just have fun together and reconnect as lovers and friends.

The way I can always tell that we NEED a date -- a date would not just be nice, but we actually need it, is when I would pass it up.

When Hubby and I are really just struggling with communication and responsibilities are piling up and we are just disconnected as a couple, I can tell because I think about going on a date and I wince my mouth and say, "Well, I just don't know what it is worth all the hassle.  I think it would be better to just pass it up.  I just assume skip it."

When I, "just assume skip it," is when we most need a date.

It does not happen often... I think twice after Tracey was born (three months old, and seven months old), and once now that the twins are six months.

Today we are getting a date... a part of me would just assume skip because of the hassle... which means today's date is much needed and will be wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.