Sunday, March 20, 2011

My Week In Review March 20


My blog friend, Amy is hosting My Week In Review this week featuring the highs, the lows and the lessons of the week. My week contained the following:

HIGH
Friday evening/night was the BEST time of my week! I love Friday evenings when I'm not traveling (which means Chris comes up to Eagle) and I am SOOO productive! There is something about knowing that I don't have to work the next day that makes me REALLY productive that Friday night, and this Friday was no exception. I did two long work outs, made a healthy dinner, cleaned my room, started packing my belongs to begin the process of moving (which has to be done between now and June 5th) and completed random online chores I have been meaning to do all week. All the while I am working hard and staying busy, I know that Chris is on his way to see me and I have two full wonderful days ahead with him. I have had two Friday nights at home since 2010... Friday evening was my week's high! :-D

LOW
Chris and I had quite a fiasco trying to get home from Florida on Continental airlines. I don't want to go into the details because it will irritate me... but it involves a delay on one flight that led to missing a second flight -- although the plane had not left when we got to the second gate... but they had already given up our seats... one of the lessons of my week is to not fly Continental again! That should give you an idea of how upsetting the experience was.

LESSON Of The WEEK
This week I learned that I need to eat meals on a schedule, even if I am not particularly hungry at the time of the meal. This may sound weird... but one day this week I worked through lunch because I was involved in my work and didn't feel like stopping and I wasn't particularly hungry. When I finally had a break in work and realized I was hungry -- I WAS FAMISHED and I ate everything in sight (which were not healthy foods). The next day I was diligent to eat a healthy breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner and I felt SO much better all day!

I hope you had a great week and are excited for God's faithfulness and opportunities headed into this next week!

image signature

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I would say you were productive on Friday. Nice job!

    Flight troubles always stink. Glad you two made it back safely.

    Thanks so much for linking up!!
    Blessings on your week.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were quite the busy bee on Friday...so glad you were able to stay home and catch up and see Chris. a Win Win situation if you ask me.

    I so understand the meal thing....I often skip breakfast (actually I have never been a breakfast eater....even as a child) but lately have realized it is an important of my day...for energy and for just feeling better.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know I used to have your email address, but I cannot find it.

    You are the winner of the Poppie Lane gift certificate. Congrats! I will also let Lauren know you are the winner.
    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.