Monday, July 6, 2020

God's Plan

The Mountain Millers have quite a bit up in the air when it comes to this fall.

Well, let me back up... I feel safe in saying that nearly every single family in the country with school-aged children has quite a bit up in the air when it comes to this fall.  Specifically, what schooling will look like in every district around the country for the 2020-21 school year.

Well, the Mountain Millers are no exception to wondering what schools will look like this fall, and wondering if we will want to send our children to school or if we will have other options.

In addition, other factors are unknown to us at this time that I have not shared on this blog, and will not be sharing at this time.

All that to say, I have been praying like crazy since early May regarding all of the unknowns of which I am aware, but I've pretty much been figuring out some plans in my own head and asking God to follow through with those plans I've created.

Well... so far, He has not been listening.

My plans do not seem to be His plans.

So, as we enter July, I have changed the way I am praying about this fall... I am trying to pray for His plan.  I am trying to accept that He has a plan that I CANNOT see.  He has a plan that is already in the works, and I cannot even begin to imagine what it is... but He does have the plan, and His plan will be revealed in His time.

Now, I will admit, this is not the way I like to pray because local schools are supposed to start on August 18, and Hubby and I are supposed to sign contracts and report for work duties WEEKS before then... so I REALLY REALLY pray that God's timing coincides with the school district calendars... but I am trying to increase my faith and trust that He has a plan, He is guiding our steps, and He will open doors that I do not even know are there.

I'd appreciate your keeping us in your prayers during this time of prayer and waiting on God and I'll certainly keep you posted when there is news to share.




1 comment:

  1. Oh dear! 2020 has been quite the ride so far, hasn't it? I know so many young families that are up in the air about how life proceeds from here. I am praying for you and your family! Blessings, Shirley

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.