Wednesday, June 28, 2017

Senior Year

I saw this on facebook awhile ago and thought it would be fun to fill out:

Tell us about your SENIOR year of high school
The longer ago it was, the more fun the answers will be!
 
Class of 2002
 
1. Did you know your spouse? 
No
 
2. Did you car pool? 
Not to school... to football games and tennis practice, sometimes.
 
3. It's FRIDAY night where were you? 
At the high school football game or usually on a date with my boyfriend, or getting to bed early because of Saturday tournaments.
 
4. What kind of job did you have? 
Not many... I didn't baby-sit much by Sr. year anymore and I was paid a few times for playing the harp, but not much.  I pretty much considered it my job to get top grades so I studied a lot.
 
5. Were you a party animal? 
No, but my friends and I had a lot of fun... dorky, non-partying fun.
 
6. Were you considered a jock? 
No, but I was Captain of the Tennis Team and was City Champ my Sr. year.
 
7. Were you in choir/band or orchestra? 
All of the above.  Well, actually, I quite Choir senior year because I couldn't get it to work with my schedule, but I played the harp with all of the choir, band, and orchestra senior year.
 
8. Were you a nerd?  
It probably depended on who you asked.
 
9. Did you get suspended? 
No -- I was never so much as reprimanded in an administrator's office.
 
10. Can you sing the fight/school song? 
I can still sing the Alma Mater, and I can sing about as much of the fight song as I ever could... I know about the first two lines, and then I know the tune, but not the words (Anchor's Away).
 
11. Where did you eat? 
In the cafeteria
 
12. Where was your high school
Norton Shores, Michigan
 
13. What was your school mascot? 
Sailors
 
14. If you could go back and do it over again would you?  
Probably not... it was a great time while I was there, but I'm really happy with where I am now.   
 
15. Do you still talk to the person you went to prom with? 
No.
 
16. Are you planning on going to the next high school reunion? 
I would consider it if it worked, but my class doesn't really seem to be big into planning reunions.  The only one so far was the 10th, and we were given about two weeks notice.  This year marks 15 years since we graduated and I've heard nothing about a reunion.  I have never been back to Homecoming since my Sr. year because I've never been home in the fall (first college, then grad school, then teaching, it was never a good time to make it home).
 
17. Are you still in contact with people from high school
I'm in touch with acquaintances via facebook, which is nice as we're all having kids at the same time, but I am not in touch with my close friends from high school anymore than the acquaintances.
 
18. Did you skip school
Once but it was for a school event -- I was in AP government class the year before the Bush-Gore election and our teacher had us very involved in following the election.  Al Gore was holding a rally in Grand Rapids and I attended with a lot of other students from Government class.  It wasn't a class field trip, so really, we skipped school to go.  I don't remember if our parents excused us or if the school sort of overlooked it because it really was educationally related.
 
19. Do you know where your high school sweetheart is? 
I do not.  I tried to "friend" him on facebook many years ago when facebook was new, and he never responded so we are not in touch at all.  Sometimes his mother runs into my mother at the grocery store and they catch up a little and I hear from my mom what he's up to but I don't remember where he is.  I do know he is married and has at least one daughter who's within a year or so of my oldest daughter's age, but that's all I know.
 
20. What was your favorite subject? 
I loved science even though I had to work really hard in those classes and history.
 
21. Do you still have your High School Ring? 
Yes, somewhere.
 
22. Do you still have your yearbooks? 
  Yes, somewhere.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.