Thursday, December 11, 2014

Christmas Movies

I love the Christmas season and the joy and cheer that comes with it.  Sometimes it happens naturally, like when I look at Christmas lights in our small town... and sometimes I have to surround myself with traditions that help me maintain my Christmas joy and cheer.

My sweet husband is not one who has to watch the same movies multiple times... so my desire to watch the same Christmas movies every December is a new concept to him.  He has very lovingly made a specific effort this season to curl up with me to watch Christmas movies that we have both seen before.  He is so wonderful!  He's also making an effort to find some new sappy Christmas movies for us to watch together.

For me, a special part of December and the Christmas spirit involves watching Christmas movies.  I love all kinds of Christmas movies -- old, new, children's, adult's, sappy, serious, and more...

My favorite Christmas movies (and the movies I would recommend) are the following:
  • It's a Wonderful Life
  • White Christmas
  • Holiday Inn
  • Miracle on 34th Street (the old version)
  • Miracle on 34th Street (the new version)
  • Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
  • Charlie Brown Christmas
  • How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the cartoon)
  • Borrowed Hearts
  • Muppet Family Christmas
  • While You Were Sleeping
  • Christmas Even on Sesame Street
  • The Best of Andy Williams Christmas Specials
  • Elf
  • The Nativity Story
  • TGIF Christmas Special (from 2000, a VHS taped off of television)
  • Twas the Night Before Christmas
  • Frosty The Snowman
  • Videos of my high school years -- the Mona Shores High School Singing Christmas Tree


Movies that I catch every few years, that fall in my runner-up category:
  • Home Alone
  • Sleepless in Seattle (although not really a Christmas movie)
  • The Santa Clause
  •  A Christmas Carol
  • The Muppet Christmas Carol
  • Random Lifetime Christmas movies that premier in December


What are your favorite Christmas movies?  Any that I missed?

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.