Thursday, August 6, 2009

Proverbs of the 21st Century

A few summers ago, I took an elementary art and music class as a part of my early childhood education masters degree. One of our assignments was to make a little folded book using small squares of paper and to write a story for our book.

I was reading through Proverbs at the time the assignment was given, and I was in awe of the wisdom of every verse King Solomon penned. I had a great time using colorful paper, markers and ribbons and creating the small book, "Proverbs of the 21st Century" to document some wise quotes said by friends and family.

I found this book the other day when I was unpacking and I wanted to share the quotes from my book:
  • Whatever else anything is, it ought to begin by being personal. - You've Got Mail and Lauren Sapikowski
  • If you want things to be different, you have to do things differently. - Tyler Freeman
  • Anything worth doing is worth doing well. - Howard V. Sanden
  • Work at what you love and you'll never work a day in your life. - Tracey Lee Sanden
  • This is what fascinates me most in all of existence: the peculiar necessity, of imagining what is, in fact, real. - Braden Wheeler Sparks
  • Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle. - Plato (some proverbs are timeless)
  • The longer I live, the more and more excited I get about Heaven. - Brooke Sanden
  • God doesn't want us to put Him in a box, and He doesn't put us in a box. - Kelley Magill
  • Nothing I've ever planned has come true; Praise God! - Michael Head
  • I don't have any messages. I have my life and that's my message. - Travis Todd

image signature

2 comments:

  1. This is awesome!!!! I have to say that I have said your line many times "the longer I live the more I look forward to heaven" so so true!

    I also love Tyler's line! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all of these quotes (and the site as well-great design). I must say I am living in the reality of Kelly and Mike's comments - great stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.