Monday, August 10, 2009

Back to Work

Starting today, I am a grown-up once again.

I am the director of a preschool, and today, I report for duty for the school year. I have mentally battled that this day would come, but it is here and I want to be excited for the wonderful year God will orchestrate in the preschool.

This morning I will finalize enrollment - quite a jigsaw puzzle that doesn't need to be explained, but I will give you a hypothetical example to give you an idea of the logic puzzle involved:
  • There can be a maximum of 30 children in the preschool on any given day.
  • Some children attend just for the morning.
  • Some children attend all day.
  • Some children are funded by the state of Colorado to attend a total of 4 full days - so legally I have to arrange each of them to attend for 4 full days.
  • Some children are funded by the state to attend so many hours for special education services - so legally I have to arrange for each of them to attend for the number of hours the state will fund their special education services.
  • A few children attend 5 full days every week.
  • Most children attend a few days in a week; therefore, we can enroll more than 30 children for the preschool, but only 30 can attend each day.
  • Some children want to pay to attend the preschool.
  • All parents, of course, have a preference of which days their children attend.
  • The special education providers have preferences as to which days certain children attend so that the sped providers make sure to see them enough each week.
This morning I will finalize enrollment -- something I have had on my mind ALL summer.

The Lord knows which children will attend my preschool. He knows which days which children will be there and how the puzzle fits together.

Please pray that today is joyful and encouraging. The first day back should be exciting! The tip of the iceberg for a wonderful year -- A year that I start as the preschool director in August NOT in February. Praise God for a job to serve and work hard.


I have loved summer, but all things are for a season. The autumn does not mourn the passing of summer.
I don't want to either.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.