Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Productivity

 I get a lot of work done for my job early in the morning before the little ones wake up.


Then, Tracey gets off to school without much effort on my part... and I get more work down before the little ones wake up.

It has become my work routine -- anything I need to do that will require my most brain power (like writing evaluation reports and IEP reports) is done early in the morning before children are awake.


Monday morning, for whatever reason, my little Caroline awoke before Tracey left for school.  This was VERY surprising because Caroline is a FANTASTIC sleeper.  It is a toss up between Caroline and Howard as to which one will sleep later on any given days.  Hunter and Lee Lee are sometimes awake an hour or more before the twins (and when Tracey is here... she can beat them out of bed by as many as three hours).

So, to see Caroline dressed and at the breakfast table at 7:15am was very rare.

No big deal... Caroline is pretty low maintenance, and I kept going with my work -- which, Monday morning, did require a lot of my concentration.

On this particular Monday morning, over the span of 10 minutes, Caroline felt the need to ask me the following questions,

"What causes people to cough?"

"Why is it called a phone call?

"Why are they called computers?"

"Why are they called vitamins?"


For the record, she is not known for inquisitive questions.  She doesn't usually sit around asking any questions in particular... but this day, when she was uncharacteristically the first younger child awake, she also was uncharacteristically curious.


It really became comical as I was trying to write my reports and explain to her the history of telephones, and calling on neighbors... and I really hope I didn't accidentally substitute Alexander Graham Bell for the names of one of my students while writing my Monday morning evaluation report.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.