Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Small Steps and The Next Right Thing

I saw this post on Facebook a few days ago, and the words held very true and timeless. They also reminded me, of all things, of a song from Frozen II.

This quarantine/COVID life has been interesting and trying and challenging to be sure. Some days I feel comfortable and safe with my family and some days I am at the end of my rope and I feel very hopeless for a future and overwhelmed by things outside of my control.

So, here are the wise words from the "grandmother" from the facebook post and then the youtube video of the Frozen II song.

Keep taking small steps and doing the next right thing.


My grandmother once gave me a tip:
In difficult times, you move forward in small steps.
Do what you have to do, but little by little.
Don't think about the future, or what may happen tomorrow.
Wash the dishes.
Remove the dust.
Write a letter.
Make a soup.
You see?
You are advancing step by step.
Take a step and stop.
Rest a little.
Praise yourself.
Take another step.
Then another.
You won't notice, but your steps will grow more and more.
And the time will come when you can think about the future without crying.
Words: Elena Mikhalkova
Image:Tasha Tudor,
American Illustrator 1915-2008

Youtube Video:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.