Sunday, January 14, 2018

The Rest of Our Life

I was really excited to watch the video for this song but I'll admit, the video isn't for me.  I do, however, love this song ... so maybe close your eyes while the video is playing and just enjoy the lyrics and music.


When I hear this song, I think about being married to my husband for 6-and-a-half years and still feeling like the same couple who walked down the aisle together on our wedding day.  Our lives have changed so much since then as we've built a life together, but I look at him, and he is still the man I married those years ago.  We are still that couple that could take on the world together.

Our responsibilities have changed, our bodies have changed, our hair has changed... many many things have changed, but not only is he still the man I married -- my husband, my protector, defender, other half, steadfast, handsome, adventurous man I pledged my life to... but he still makes me feel like his bride.  So many things about me have changed since our wedding day, but when I'm with him, I still feel like his bride, his side-kick, the one who takes care of him, the one who makes his house a home.  When he looks at me, I feel like he still seems me as his bride who walked down the aisle to him and he notices none of the ways time has changed me.  He seems to see none of the changes I notice over the past few years.  To him, I am still his young, beautiful, bride -- at least that's how he makes me feel.

I hear this song, and I look back at our marriage, and I think ahead of our future, and I understand that we'll stay young for the rest of our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.