Sunday, January 21, 2018

Fun Date Night

Now that was a really fun date night.

Hubby and I took my parents up on their offer to watch our children so he and I could go out alone to celebrate my birthday.  Things weren't exactly going according to plan because our three oldest kids all came down with a stomach bug the night before and so the day of our date was a very different day because all three were recovering.

Nevertheless, Hubby and I took Grammie and Papa up on the offer to watch the kids because we will not have any family backup for several months now that my parents have left our house.  We did take Addallee with us to lighten my parents' load a little while we were gone, and we had such a great time.

We went to Grand Junction and ran a few errands just the two of us (and Lee Lee) and then we went to Texas Roadhouse for dinner because I had a birthday coupon which needed to be used.

Hubby and I both agree that the food at Texas Roadhouse is really consistently very good, which is why its fun to eat there.  Plus, the rolls are amazing!  Also, we like that there are so many booths in their restaurants -- almost completely booths where people can eat.  But not only was the food delicious, but Hubby and I brought a few games that I got for my birthday and so we played the dice game Farkle while we waited for our food.  It was so much fun to just relax and enjoy each other on a date without little ones... at least without most of them.

Addallee is just such a trooper and was a terrific tag-a-long to our date night.  She wanted to eat in between errands and then slept almost entirely through dinner.

What a fun date night.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.