Friday, October 6, 2017

Preggers III -- 37 Weeks

 
How far along?  37 weeks, 4 days

Comparisons:
 37 Weeks with Tracey

35 Weeks with the Twins... because they were born at 36 weeks 1 day, and I never took a 36 week picture.


37 Weeks with Baby Number 4


How I am feeling?  A unique combination between feeling like I'm ready for the baby... and feeling like I'll never be ready for the baby.
 
How big is the baby?  The size of a head of romaine lettuce -- 18.9 inches long, 6.17 pounds
 
Sleep:  Sleep is wonderful.  I enjoy it whenever possible and hope that the new baby will too.

Boy/Girl Predictions:  Well... we know our baby's gender so no need to predict here.

Baby Nicknames:  I call the baby, "Baby," but Tracey still insists the name should be "'Punzel"

  Best moment this week: I love that we've reached October, and the baby is full term.  Even though the twins were born at 36 weeks 1 day, which was great for twins, we learned first-hand how important any and all time in the womb is.  Whenever this baby is born, the baby should be fully developed and ready for life on the outside.
 
Food cravings:  Nothing in particular... food that doesn't take a lot of effort.
 
Missing:  Not wondering when I'm going to go into labor.  Ever since I hit 37 weeks, I'm pretty much expecting to go into labor at any moment... every night before bed I wonder... almost every time I pick up a child, I wonder if my water is going to break.  I'm trying to relax and wait for the baby, but we have a lot of logistics to manage when I do go into labor, so I think about them a lot.  I wish I would just relax and wait.
 
Movements:  Yes, and I love them -- although they can be uncomfortable at times.  This baby gets the hiccups every day, which is so funny because I don't think Tracey had the hiccups once throughout pregnancy, and with the twins, it was hard to tell, but I don't remember ever realizing that one had hiccups.  This baby gets the hiccups every day.

Labor Signs:  Some... just the process of getting closer to the birth day.

General Attitude:  I'm trying to make the most of every day the baby hasn't been born -- I've finished different projects around the house, prepared the bassinet, cleaned out our closet, prepared the guestroom... But its also hard to make plans for the upcoming days or weekend not knowing for sure when I will head to the hospital and someone else will have to step in and take care of our little ones for a few days.
 
 What I am looking forward to this week:  On Saturday is a parade that the kid's school participates in, and we are really excited about it.  Michigan plays Michigan State that day, so we will all be decked in our Michigan gear and it will hopefully be a lot of fun... unless I'm having a baby, in which case, it would be a bummer to miss it.
 
Milestones: I've now passed the gestational date that I carried the twins, but I still have another before I hit the gestational mark of when Tracey was born.  Also, the baby is considered full term.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.