Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Pasodoble

I enjoy the show Dancing With the Stars each season.  I used to just tune in from time to time, but when Sadie Robertson from Duck Dynasty competed a few years ago, I tuned in religiously (she finished as first runner up in the finals) and got pretty hooked on the show.  I don't always tune in on Monday Nights, and often end up with two or three DVR recordings waiting for me to catch up, but I do enjoy the dancing, the music, and watching the stars grow over the course of a season.

Last night was Disney night on Dancing With the Stars, which is always an audience favorite.

A star I had never heard of before this show, and I still can't remember her name -- she is a POP star, danced a Pasodoble to Mulan's "I'll Make a Man Out of You," with Donnie Osmond performing.  In my opinion, it was the showstopper of the night.

In the little dance I've learned from Dancing With the Stars, a Pasodoble is a very powerful Spanish dance originally designed to simulate a matador and a bull in the ring, in a challenging and acrimonious dance where the matador ends up defeating the bull.  What a perfect dance for "I'll Make A Man Out of You," which is a song about soldiers learning combat.

Then, to add to the appeal of the dance, it was a wonderful example to little girls of all that a Disney princess can be.  Sure, she can sing and dance, and she can also fight, climb, and be strong.

I hope you enjoy this clip as much as I did:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.