Monday, February 6, 2017

Super Bowl 51

Tracey's due date was the same day as the 2014 Super Bowl 48, and the Broncos with Peyton Manning played for the title.

I took this picture that year:

I don't remember who played in the 2015 Super Bowl... or where we were or watching it...

But then the Denver Broncos and Peyton Manning returned to the Super Bowl in 2016 at Super Bowl 50 when our twins were one month old and won.

I took these pictures that year:


And now it might be a fun comparison to take a picture of my kids before each Super Bowl.  This year we were cheering for Tom Brady and the Patriots (Michigan alumn), but I didn't dress them in team gear.  I took this picture because these were birthday presents from their baby-sitters and I wanted to take pictures of them in the outfits to send to their sitters.





What a great football game -- huge comeback from the Patriots and Tom Brady and a historic game in many ways.  Tom Brady and Bill Belichick are the first to win five Super Bowls, first win by a team trailing by 21 points, and first overtime win.

I do not like the overtime rules of the NFL, but I was happy the Patriots won and they showed a very impressive comeback.

And in case you don't know, which I did not until I looked it up after the game -- G.O.A.T. stands for Greatest of All Time.



Congrats Patriots -- and good bye football for a little while.  I will miss you.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.