Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Treasuring the Present: Predictability


I struggled a little in deciding on what I could treasure in the present today.  I found myself making a sarcastic list about treasuring how tired I am... but at least I can sleep through the night at the moment -- things like that.

 We have so much on the horizon right now that is either exciting or overwhelming depending on the moment you ask me.

After thinking about all that is ahead of us, I realized that today, I am grateful for predictability.  There are two more days to this week before Hubby and I head to St. Louis for his brother's wedding... and I am grateful for the predictability of life together.

We have a few busy days coming up, but Hubby and I have our routine, we have learned how to work together and support each other during busy weeks, and we will eventually get out of town, with both animals, and loaded down like Santa's sleigh, to travel to St. Louis.

Our life is about to change in a HUGE way... but for today, it is still just the two of us, with two animals... and I am very grateful for how predictable, dependable, and beautiful our "just the two of us" life is.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.