Monday, December 2, 2013

Preggers I: 31 Weeks

31 week in Vail -- looking a little tired after our 1,015 mile overnight drive returning to Colorado
How far along?  31 weeks


How I am feeling?  Pretty well, although this past week of travel, holidays, family, decorating, and more unleashed a new facet of pregnancy hormones, (and aches and pains with our 2,030 mile road trip).  Traveling and holiday stress is a little different at 7 months pregnant.
How big is baby?  The size of a pineapple... 15.2-16.7 inches and 2.5-3.8 lbs

Sleep:  I sleep pretty well... although Hubby and I had to move from a double bed to a king size bed when in St. Louis to allow for all the pillows I needed stacked around me while sleeping.
Boy/Girl Prediction:  We had our first baby shower this past week, and we played a game with Old Wives Tales to try to figure out whether the baby is a boy or girl.  It depends on the tale as to weather a boy or girl is predicted.
Baby Nicknames:  Pretty much Baby, Jitterbug, or Nugget

Best moment this week:  We had our first baby shower this past weekend with friends and family in St. Louis.  We were blessed by so many people who came to celebrate with us and give us gifts to prepare for Baby.  I still have to unpack everything from the car, but I really feel like if the baby arrived anytime, we have what we need to survive.  
Also, we got to see my parents this past week in Colorado, and it was so exciting for them to come to a doctor's appointment with me and meet my doctor.  Also, they've both been able to feel the baby movements.  :-D

Food cravings:  Food that is spicy, and Dr. Pepper
Missing:   My endurance when driving cross country.  Hubby had to do much more driving than usual, and I was much less comfortable in the car than usual.  I just kept telling myself over and over,  "At least I'm not riding a donkey (like Mary)."
 
Movements:  I LOVE feeling baby movements!!!  Mostly I feel squirming on my right side up by my ribs, and then some big kicks all over.  Hubby was finally able to feel some of the major squirming that I've been feeling for awhile, and he looked at me with a surprised look and said, "Is that you?"  NO, that's not me!!!  That's our little critter in there.

Labor Signs:  No.  Thank goodness!

General Attitude:  Well, tired at the moment... but I think, excited for the Christmas season, and to organize our baby shower items.

What I am looking forward to this week:  We have a very busy week ahead -- with several gatherings at our house.  I'm looking forward to enjoying our Christmas-decorated house, and then unpacking and organizing our baby shower items later this week or this weekend.

Milestones:  We've had our first baby shower, so we are feeling a little more prepared for Baby's arrival.  Now, bring on the Thank You notes.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.