Monday, December 9, 2013

Preggers I: 32 Weeks

 
How far along?  32 weeks


How I am feeling?  Frankly... uncomfortable.  This week I've had a lot of heartburn, and its been hard for me to catch my breath.  That being said, I am trying to focus on how blessed we are that our baby is healthy and growing.
 
How big is baby?  The size of a jicama or squash... 15.2-16.7 inches and 2.5-3.8 lbs... but I guess pretty big because when I turned sideways for Hubby to take my pregnancy picture this week, he said, "Oh Wow!" -- and I had to try not to burst into tears.  Apparently I look "really pregnant" now.

Sleep:  I'm sleeping pretty well... although I am counting the days until Christmas break so I can get a little more sleep than I do these days.
 
Boy/Girl Prediction:  We're not sure... but we have been called the baby "he" these days...
 
Baby Nicknames:  Pretty much Baby, Jitterbug, or Nugget

Best moment this week:  We are getting ready for our little one.  Hubby and I spent Saturday setting up our crib arrangement in our room, and sorting through shower presents to try to get things organized.  It was wonderful seeing my wonderful handy hubby putting the pack-n-play/bassinet together.


Food cravings:  Food that is spicy, and turkey

Missing:   Life without heartburn... and the ability to walk and talk without becoming short-of-breath.
 
Movements:  Yes!!!  And the baby seems to have grown or changed positions so I'm feeling a LOT of movement in the front of my stomach.  Until this week, most of the big movements have been on the right side... now they're front and center.

Labor Signs:  No.  Thank goodness!

General Attitude:  Excited and but a little stressed about all that needs to get done both before we leave for Christmas with our families, and before the the baby comes.

What I am looking forward to this week:  Having it over... I hate to say that, but work is so crazy trying to get ready for Christmas break and maternity leave.  I guess I'm excited for more baby movements and getting Christmas cards sent out.

Milestones:  I think it was a big milestone putting the crib up in our room.  I also started to pack our hospital bag.  We're getting closer.
 
image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.