Thursday, December 12, 2013

He Gives 100%

Here is a disclaimer:  If you ever think my blog is focusing too much on how amazing my husband is, I would recommend your either getting over it, or finding another blog to regularly follow.

That being said, I might have to make a similar disclaimer when the world's most amazing baby arrives into our life... but for now, I don't want to forget these amazing acts by my wonderful husband -- especially in these last days when life is just the two of us.

At several of my bridal showers, women shared recipes and prayers, or recipes and marriage advice.  It has been so nice over these past 2-and-a-half-years to go back and read what these dear friends, and seasoned wives said to me about marriage.

One that I remember off-hand is that marriage is not a 50-50 partnership.  Marriage is both people giving 100% of themselves, 100% of the time.

It's times like now, when my husband's wonderful actions remind me of this quote.

This is our puppy when the left side of his snout started to swell... it got bigger and bigger from here.

Our sweet puppy was bitten by, or ate something that caused a slow-moving allergic reaction.  I first noticed the left side of his nose and snout swelling Tuesday afternoon.  By Tuesday evening, his entire nose was very swollen -- he went from looking like a long-nose lab, to a stout-nose lab.  We spoke with a few vets, and gave him some allergy medicine, and went to sleep.

My hubby woke up about 30 minutes later, when he heard Lloyd scratching, and moving restlessly around, and Lloyd's face was huge, and his eyes were nearly swollen shut.

While I slept soundly, my Hubby decided that he and Lloyd would spend the night in the guest room, so that he could keep an eye on Lloyd's condition, and breathing, without disturbing me throughout the night.  I didn't know what was going on until about 2:00am, when I woke up to the use the restroom, and had no idea where Chris and Lloyd were.  Eventually I found them, and I was so touched that Hubby had prioritized my need for rest and sleep that he, not only monitored Lloyd's condition all night, but did so in our guest room so as not to disturb me.

I later found out that he was up with Lloyd ever two hours because Lloyd was drinking a lot of water to combat the swelling and itching, and needed to go out that often, as a result.  I only hope I behave as unselfishly when I'm on maternity leave, and our baby needs to be up every two hours, and he has work the next day.

I am so fortunate that my husband gives 100% of himself to our marriage 100% of the time.

image signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by and joining the conversation.